Saturday, January 24, 2015

Meditation and My Happy Place

I recently started meditation, and was surprised by the outcome! Never have I ever been so relaxed. I was upset and couldn't figure out how to calm down, which in return made me more upset. Not even a warm shower could take the tension away. In my effort to relax I decided to take a stab at something new, meditation! 

     Steps on how I meditated: 

1-Close your eyes

2-Ask yourself five questions
    -What makes YOU happy?
    - What does it look like?
    - Is there anyone there?
    -Who is it?
    -What are they doing?

I asked myself these questions very slowly, letting my imagination flow and examining my surroundings. After each question I began to get further from my body, like my mind drifted into concentration. By the fourth I no longer heard the outside world and nothing could disturb me. When I finished asking myself all five I had completely forgotten them. My imagination danced, and when I opened my eyes I felt enlightened.

     What I saw:
Every question opened up a new door to my imagination. There was a field, the grass was perfectly green. In the center it became a hill covered in purple lilacs. On this hill was a arch, not one but two crossing over each other. neither arch was very defined. Between them lay a man, at first I wasn't sure who it was but then it was clear. It was my boyfriend, Andrew. He was laying perfectly centered under the arches. He looked so peaceful, with a smile on his face. Before I realized, he was standing up, reaching out and taking my hand. I was wearing a white dress covered in lace that flowed so magically. We began to dance to a song I couldn't even hear but I knew was there! I was happy, He was happy. Then my eyes opened.

     My happy place is a place where Andrew smiles.
     


#ValentinesDiary

No comments:

Post a Comment